SPRING TERM 1ST HALF - MATHS OBJECTIVES
- Recognise and use symbols of pounds (£) and pence (p); combine amounts to make a particular value.
- Find different combinations of coins that equal the same amounts of money.
- Solve simple problems in a practical context involving addition and subtraction of money of the same unit, including giving change.
Geometry: Properties of Shape
- Identify and describe the properties of 2D shapes, including the number of sides and line symmetry in a vertical line.
- Identify and describe the properties of 3D shapes, including the number of edges, vertices and faces. Identify 2D shapes on the surface of 3D shapes, [for example, a circle on a cylinder and a triangle on a pyramid].
- Compare and sort common 2D and 3D shapes and everyday objects.
- Order and arrange combinations of mathematical objects in patterns and sequences.